Friday, October 19, 2012

Ceremony for Mental Health Week

On Sunday I had the great pleasure of being involved in a ceremony to mark the end of mental health week.  The ceremony was run by the Mental Illness Fellowship of Victoria, and I read a poem.  I got some great feedback about my performance, and I got to wear my top hat!  The poem was on relationships, and it was one of my better poems I think.  We had a civil celebrant conduct the ceremony, and Heidi Everett played music throughout the performance.  The Mental Illness Fellowship of Victoria do some fine work, and there contribution to awareness of mental health issues is extraordinary   I had the great pleasure to work on their helpline for a year, which was a great experience.

Here is to breaking down the stigma of mental illness!

No comments: